Anytime is a good time to establish a "well life", and it just so happened that we’re starting 2017 with a means to help you do just that.
On this episode of The Productivityist Podcast, my guest is Briana Borten. She is a peace engineer and wellness entrepreneur who owns The Dragontree Spa and co-wrote The Well Life.
Backed up with their experiences in alternative healing and a genuine yearning to help their clients to live a more fulfilling life, Briana and her husband Dr. Peter Borten wrote the book The Well Life: How to Use Sweetness, Structure, and Space to Create Balance, Happiness, and Peace, which Briana and I discuss.
On this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How their wellness advocacy started 13 years ago, as they established the Dragontree with their background in acupuncture and Ayurvedic medicine, and what motivated them to write this book (01:57).
- The concept of sweetness, and how and why it should be constantly present in our lives (05:31).
- The tools, techniques, and habits they shared in the book that they found to have greatly impacted and improved their lives (09:15).
- How important a healthy foundation is, and how it involves seemingly mundane activities that allow us to nourish our minds and body (09:24).
- The connection between thoughts, feelings, intentions, and the body’s reaction to these connections (11:15).
- The human data stream flowing into our lives all day long (14:01; 15:01), the element of space, and the need to have space where we're not connected to anything or anyone but ourselves (14:29).
- What’s up with the current fascination and attraction of people to nature-based, alternative philosophies and healing (18:25)?
- How space plays out vis-à-vis with her concept of scheduling which ought to give us a greater understanding of our capabilities and limits (22:22).
- Briana’s journaling and meditation habit, and how this integrates into her life (27:45).
- The concept of the baggage list and how accomplishing it can help individuals feel freer (29:44).
- The Well Life
- The Well Life: How to Use Structure, Sweetness, and Space to Create Balance, Happiness, and Peace: Briana Borten, Dr. Peter Borten | Amazon
- The Productivityist Podcast: Dr. Michael Breus
- The Dragontree
- Briana Borten
Thanks for listening to The Productivityist Podcast. If you’re interested in supporting the podcast and receiving exclusive content while doing so, you'll want to check out the patrons-only version of The Productivityist Podcast on Patreon. Also, remember to leave The Productivityist Podcast a rating and review on iTunes, or on whatever platform you’re listening to. I read every single bit of feedback we receive. I want to make this show better and with your help I can do just that.
Until next time, remember to stop guessing...and start going!