It’s been 5 YEARS since my very first podcast recording with Michael Schechter. I thought it would be fitting to bring him back today, as we catch up on what happened since we stopped recording podcasts together roughly 2 years ago.
This episode at its core is just the two of us being nostalgic and sappy, with me drinking a stale, 20-year-old beer. I even injected in some clips of our podcasts together.
Here’s what we did on this episode:
- We reminisced on a very professional segment we did at The Mikes on Mics called What Are You Drinking? (3:15).
- I tried to catch up with what he is up to lately, and how his work on Better Mess and the productivity scene is being applied to what he is doing now (5:17).
- We discussed what motivated us to get into productivity, the backstory of our podcast’s Episode 0 (20:36), and what became the trajectory of his career and life from since then (7:13).
- He specified habits and things rooted from our productivity days that he still finds helpful to this day (10:49), some things he might have missed, and memories that stuck with us (16:13; 17:17; 21:31).
- He also recalled the things that he doesn’t quite miss (12:11; 14:23), his tendency to be a bad friend, and my suggestion so he can improve in this area (18:00).
If you’re curious, this is where our podcast archives live...
We will be continuing this stroll to memory lane in a bonus episode exclusive to Patreon supporters so make sure to catch that by subscribing through Patreon. You can also show your support by giving the podcast a rating and review on the platform you’re listening to, we're using your feedback to improve even further.
Thanks for listening, and cheers to even more years.