My guest today is Alan Brown – a productivity coach, best-selling author of the book Zen and the Art of Productivity, and the host of Crusher TV. Alan helps people get more things done in less time and with less stress through smart productivity and brain hacks.
We chatted about his experience in overcoming a learning disability and addiction, how he catapulted himself from an average ad executive to a successful entrepreneur, and how brain hacks played an important part in all these.
Today, he shares some techniques to get you from planning to execution. Join us as we discuss:
- Alan's interesting background which involved dealing with ADHD and turning it into an advantage that accelerated his career (2:42).
- What motivated him to create the ADD Crusher and eventually the Crusher TV community (4:34).
- What a brain hack is according to Alan and his thoughts about it (5:43).
- Alan's thoughts on different coaching approaches and what works (7:35).
- What an inner game is and the role it plays in one's own productivity (9:05; 22:06.
- Alan's views on setting boundaries, awareness, deep work, and how these all affect one's inner game (11:11).
- The importance of well-being to fuel the body and brain (18:28).
- Alan’s low-bandwidth but high-impact sampling of brain hacks that will help you maximize your productivity (25:31).
- Crusher TV
- The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance by W. Timothy Gallwey | Amazon
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Pocketbook Guide to Fulfilling Your by Deepak Chopra | Amazon
- Mind Hacking: How to Change Your Mind for Good in 21 Days Hardcover by John Hargrave | Amazon
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World Hardcover by Cal Newport | Amazon
- Crusher TV (@realcrusherTV) | Twitter
This episode is brought to you by Sanebox. We all know how email can be a huge timekiller. Sanebox can help you cope with email overload with its many features like SaneNews, SaneReminders and SaneVacation among many others. Signup using the link http://sanebox.com/vardy and get $25 credit + free trial for a new account. Bring the sanity back into your email and get started with Sanebox today.
I had a great time chatting with Alan Brown. If you want to hear more from him, check out this bonus episode where we talked about reframing time.
You can also show your support by leaving us a rating and review on the podcast platform you’re using - we use your feedback to improve the podcast further.
Thanks for tuning in! Until next time remember to stop guessing...and start going.