My guest on this episode is fellow Canadian Corey Poirier. Corey is a keynote speaker, sales professional, entrepreneur, and the host of Conversations with Passion Radio Show where he has interviewed over 4,000 Super-Achievers. He has been featured in TV specials on Eastlink TV and TeleTelevision and is also a columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine.
A passionate speaker who wants to share with people his craft, Corey is behind the Passion Cure and The Speaking Program. It is through these avenues that he reaches out to people, coach those who are interested in developing their communication skills, and feature those who have been successful in their life’s passions.
Now Corey and I had a similar detour in our lives before we ended up with what we’re doing now, and that is just one of the things we chatted about in this episode. Other areas we’ve touched on are:
- His journey starting with a career in sales, then shifting to stand-up comedy before finally transitioning into his passion for public speaking (2:20).
- Our similar background in performance arts, and things that we didn’t enjoy as much in that field (5:50).
- How people’s feedback propelled him into diving into passion as a speaker (10:43).
- What people fear when it comes to communicating and public speaking, and how to get comfortable on-stage (15:48).
- The importance of tackling tasks and goals in small chunks that are easily achievable – whether in public speaking or productivity – until you’re ready to take on the big one (19:49).
- How having a buddy to practice whatever it is that you’re passionate about or want to conquer gives you higher chances of success (20:40).
- The structure of The Speaking Program which guides the participants from conquering their fear, launching their career, up to earning in the business, plus a community and subject matter experts to share their knowledge, experiences, and insights (21:55).
- Questions to ask one’s self to help find your true passion, and how to take that first ‘baby-step’ towards living that passion. (13:25; 25:31).
- A productivity reminder to ensure that pursuing your passion is not interrupted and becomes successful (28:03).
- That Speaker Guy | Corey Poirier
- Corey Poirier
- How People Crush Fears and Expand Comfort Zones | Corey Poirier | TEDxCanmore - YouTube
- Toastmasters International
- The Speaking Program
- The Passion Cure brings you the Conversations With PASSION! Radio Show
- Corey Poirier (@thatspeakerguy) | Twitter
- Weeding Your Life with Corey Poirier | Productivityist
Those were lots of valuable insights coming from Corey, and I hope it has got you started reflecting and working on your life’s passion.
If you want to continue the conversation, Corey and I talk about the weeds of life in a bonus episode exclusively for Patreon supporters. If you’re not yet subscribed to the Productivityist on Patreon, now is the best time to do so you can access exclusive content and perks.
You can also show your support by leaving the show a rating and review on iTunes - or whatever podcast platform you're listening to. We read your feedback and it helps us to improve the show.
Thanks for listening! Until next time remember to stop guessing...and start going.