On this episode of the podcast, I am joined by James Eder, the founder of a new social app called Causr. James shares insights about connecting with others and the role social interaction plays in our lives.
Some of the takeaways from our conversation include:
- We’re social beings. If we can give people context and understand who is nearby, connection–and even community–can form.
- The importance of face-to-face conversations–especially at conferences.
- There’s an energy in real-life interaction; that’s why people still attend conferences. You could probably access all the information online, but interacting in-person takes relationships to a deeper level.
- Make use of your travel time.
- Between 30% to 60% of your time traveling is actually used for work and the rest is downtime. Instead of interacting only online, you can use time in an airport to connect with others around you.
- The idea of net giving versus networking.
- Ask “How can I help other people?” instead of “What’s in this for me?” when attending networking events.