On this week’s episode of The Productivityist Podcast, Mike will be chatting with Wade Foster. Wade is the co-founder and CEO of the automation platform Zapier, which helps people automate their work by allowing connections between various apps.
Wade and Mike will talk about how to get started with automation, and how to work your way through it. Listen up on this episode as they discuss:
- The correct pronunciation of Zapier (01:31), and the mission envisioned by Wade and his co-founder Bryan that pushed them to create Zapier (02:30).
- Instances where automation is more harmful than useful to productivity (03:47).
- How people start with simple tasks when integrating automation into their routines (04:36), and whether it starts from the workplace or at home (09:09).
- Keeping your automation efforts aligned amidst trial and errors by revisiting the original intent of doing so, and dealing with noise brought about by automation through Zapier (06:36).
- Wade’s thoughts on automation, or replication and delegation to another individual, to simplify tasks (12:13).
- The process from manual to automation or delegation, and how Wade tracks these to remind himself to have it checked, and paying attention to it (15:31).
- How the Zapier team remains on top of updates, changes, and even systems issues with the numerous apps they integrate (19:38).
- Account security and privacy and how the Zapier team communicate these effectively to their clients/users (23:45).
- What people need to think about and do when considering automation. Plus, an XKDC comic that can serve as a good guide (25:45).
- The best apps. Better together. - Zapier - Zapier
- The Best Type of Automation - Productivityist
- 3 Lists to Freedom | Chris Ducker
- Case Study: Paul Jarvis - How to Build Your Email List as an Author | Zapier
- The Productivityist Podcast 60: Less Doing with Ari Meisel - Productivityist
- Workflow | Powerful automation made simple.
- xkcd: Is It Worth the Time?
- Wade Foster (@wadefoster) | Twitter
If you want to hear Wade talk about the zaps he’s been using and more details about Zapier, you'll want to subscribe The Productivityist Podcast on Patreon, where patrons get to access exclusive episodes and other perks. Leave us a rating and review on the platform you’re listening to – like iTunes, so we can continue improving our podcast.
Thanks for listening and until next time!