My guest for this episode is Kourosh Dini - a psychiatrist, writer, musician, and author. Some of his works include Zen & The Art of Work, Creating Flow with OmniFocus, and Workflow Mastery.
I’ve met Kourosh a couple of years ago when we worked together for the OmniFocus set-up. I love his work and have always seen him as a thoughtful productivity strategist who knows his stuff.
Some of the things we talked about this week are:
- How meditation shifts our mindset which ultimately makes us more mindful and productive (3:04).
- The importance of pausing and practical tips on how to apply it in your life (4:55).
- Personalization and why it's important in your daily interactions (8:03).
- Why adding play time is a necessary ingredient in performance, productivity, and happiness at work (11:26)
- How music can boost your productivity, creativity, and overall sense of well-being (16:40).
- Kourosh's thoughts on ambient sound apps and how he uses them in his own workflow (20:05).
- The five elements of good health, according to Kourosh (23:00).
- Kourosh's take on meditation and his recommendations for those who want to start meditating (24:05).
- Kourosh Dini | Mind, Music, and Technology
- Zen & the Art of Work | Find Calm in Work and Play
- OmniFocus | Task management for Mac, iPad, and iPhone
- Review: Zen and The art of Work | Productivityist
- Productivity & Play with Dr. Kirsten Milliken | Productivityist
- Focus at Will | Get 4x increase in productivity with this concentration music for working smarter.
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport| Amazon
- How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery by Lawrence LeShan| Amazon
- What’s the Best Music to Listen to While Working? | The Atlantic
- Kourosh Dini (@kouroshdini) | Twitter
Want to add some zen into your inbox? Sanebox is the tool for that! Signup using this link http://sanebox.com/vardy and get $25 credit for a new account.
I really enjoyed this episode. Kourosh and I chatted more about the art of zen in one of the upcoming bonus episodes, so be sure to check that out. If you’re not subscribed to Productivityist on Patreon, I highly suggest that you do that. You'll get tons of exclusive content, bonus episodes, and perks as a patron.
You can also show your support by leaving a rating and review on any of the podcast platforms you’re listening too. We value every feedback and they'll help us make the show better.
Thanks for listening! Until next time, remember to stop guessing... and start going.