On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Dr. Mark Lavercombe. Mark is a specialist physician and medical educator, who writes on productivity, clinical education and leadership at The Productive Physician. We spoke about how he defines productivity, how he became passionate about productivity, how he sets boundaries and more.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
- Why misdiagnoses are common
- Know why you are doing something is essential
- How good assumptions can actually lead to bad habits (such as leaving email open)
- The balance between being reactive and proactive
- Identifying what you want to achieve as well as why you want to achieve it
- Linking motivation with the emotional and intellectual basis for goals helps clarify thinking
- Making time for yourself
- Setting boundaries according to rules that you establish
- The Productive Physician
- Why Productivity for Physicians?
- Create a Personal Mission Statement for the Life YOU Want
- Do You Want an Extraordinary Life? Choose Deep Work
- @ProductivePhys | Twitter
I hope you enjoy this episode. Thanks for your support and I'll see you again soon for a new bonus episode!