Joining me on this episode is Mridu Parikh - the woman behind Life is Organized. Mridu is a productivity coach, business strategist, speaker and trainer. She made it her goal to help individuals get clear on their priorities through effective time management, efficient processes, systems and life-changing habits – to do more in less time.
A big fan of simplicity, Mridu shares about introducing and learning productivity processes and systems, the methods she employs to make sure that these become habits, and how doing these alleviate stress and results in clarity and growth for individuals and teams.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll hear and learn about in this episode:
- How she reveres simplicity as the easiest way to introduce a process, and the importance of writing things down (2:19).
- Working with other people, how to get them motivated to do a task or enforce a process into their life and be consistent about it. (6:20).
- The concept of the learning curve, and how to speed up this often-tedious phase through research and by reaching out to people (8:37).
- Her insights on alignment as a product of goals, action plans and prioritization, how to make these happen through the concept of ‘two-week sprints’ (11:41), and samples to explain how it works (13:40).
- The importance of improving communication and technology, and intertwining the two to enhance processes for an individual and/or a team (16:14).
- The tool that she’s been using which allows for transparency and easy collaboration, and the how and why she chose this specific tool (18:07; 20:01).
- We also delved into a blog post she’s written that made her look at limitations and excuses from a different angle, and reframe these into motivation to maximize potential (21:44).
- Home - Life Is Organized
- Do This and Get Results - Life Is Organized
- How to Avoid the Dreaded Learning Curve (Of Anything New!) - Life Is Organized
- What Got Me From "Amateur" To "Pro" - Life Is Organized
- How to Write the Perfect To-Do List - Life Is Organized
- Why Thinking Like Legos Will Change Your Business - Life Is Organized
- Mridu Parikh (@LifeIsOrganized) | Twitter
- Productivity Freebie - The Productivityist - Life Is Organized
- The Productivityist Podcast: Beyond the E-Myth with Michael E. Gerber – Productivityist
- The Productivityist Podcast: A Closer Look at Automation with Wade Foster – Productivityist
- Use Asana to track your team’s work & manage projects | Asana
There’s more to learn from Mridu Parikh which you can catch on one of the upcoming bonus episodes available only for Patreon supporters. Patreon patrons get access to exclusive episodes, products and perks for as little as a dollar a month, definitely worth the content you’ll be getting once you’re a patron. Go to patreon.com/productivityist to learn more about what you get as a patron!
Please leave us a comment and a rating on the platform you’re listening to. And if you have comments on this episode, or other requests and suggestions – feedback is always welcome. I use it to keep the podcast moving forward.
Until next time, remember to stop guessing and start going!