Today’s guest is Dr. Mary Lamia - a clinical psychologist, psychoanalyst and the author of the new book What Motivates Getting Things Done.
We spoke about why it is important to have ways to create absolute deadlines, the role emotions have in personal productivity, the nature of distraction and more. Some of the topics we discuss include:
- How specific deadlines combined with accountability can help
- Task driven people vs. procrastinators
- Why emotions are really what motives us
- A fear of failure is significantly present among those who are successful
- Why shame anxiety is a powerful motivation too
- Why distractions are not a bad thing
- The importance of focusing your stress
- Mary Lamia | Website
- What Motivates Getting Things Done
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi | Amazon
- How Procrastinators Get Things Done | Psychology Today
- Mary Lamia @drlamia | Twitter
Hope you enjoy this episode. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!