This week's guest is Anne Bogel. Anne is a podcaster, blogger, and author. She is also known as a tastemaker through her popular book lists and reading guides. Recently, Anne wrote a new book titled Reading People: How Seeing The World Through The Lens of Personality Changes Everything. We spoke about the power of reading, personality frameworks, and why it is important to be self-aware.
Here are some highlights of the show:
- The different kinds of personality tests: Enneagram, Myers Briggs, DISC
- The same activity can be healthy for some people and very stressful for other people
- Knowing your motives so you can be really productive
- Why many introverts can look like extroverts
- Why circumstances can affect how introverted or extroverted we are in situations
- Taking time to step back and reflect
- Anne Bogel’s website
- Reading People: How Seeing the World Through Lens of Personality Changes Everything | Amazon
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath | Amazon
- The Road Back To You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery | Amazon
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking | Amazon
- Enneagram Test
- Myers Briggs Test
I had a great time chatting with Anne and I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I do. Thanks for listening and your support!